For clients with longterm health issues or idiopathic symptoms, a consultation would be very beneficial. Firstly, let me say that Ayurvedic therapies can be used to complement your existing medication with no clashes or side effects. All herbs, food and supplements used in your treatment plan are safe for you to use. You will not need to prepare separate meals. The meals in your treatment plan are not “diet food” and are delicious and nutritious. No, really, it will be tasty and filling.
What does a consultation involve? Over a cup of tea, I will take down your medical history (and sometimes it is necessary to go back years to find out when symptoms first appeared). Some clients are astonished to find that they have been feeling unwell for 20 years or more!
I will then take your pulse to determine your unique constitution (prakriti) and which elements are out of balance (vikriti).** With that information we will draw up a treatment plan together which is tailor-made for you.
The treatment plan can be very detailed or simple, depending on what you’d like to get out of it, using Ayurveda’s 5 approaches of:-
- exercise and yoga
The Consultation lasts for 2 hours and will cost £120 which includes herbal capsules, the tonic Chyawanaprash, a 50 minute massage tailored to your unique requirements and a detailed therapy plan including the 5 approaches mentioned above.
Detailed in the plan is…
- a 2 week detox outlining which foods to avoid and which to favour for your constitution during the detox;
- a helpful shopping list of store cupboard essentials;
- how to snack and beat cravings (with recipes);
- recipes for breakfast, lunch and supper;
- your own ‘kitchen pharmacy’ – which herbs are best suited for you and how to incorporate them into your (and your family’s) life;
- how to exercise for your constitution (e.g. working up a sweat is not beneficial for someone with excess pitta nor is swimming for someone with excess kapha). There is so much conflicting advice on what’s healthy, and this personalised plan takes the trial and error out of it;
- massage and therapy suggestions for your constitution – massage is useful during detox to bring out impurities and toxins and restore the flow of energy. It does wonders for pain and boosts immunity. It will also help clear mental fog or fatigue. Massage is a wonderful way of releasing trapped emotion and trauma from where it may have become lodged in the body.
- regression therapy where necessary. These sessions are useful to release unresolved emotion or pain from the body. The cause of these are healed at source and you will leave you feeling lighter and happier. This therapy is added on to your Therapy Plan at a discounted rate if used as part of your therapy package.
- spirit release where necessary. Sometimes the cause of ailments is neither physical nor past life related. We can absorb negative energy from the environment (think of a place that gives you the creeps or the uncomfortable feeling when walking into a room where there’s been an argument) or we can have an energy attachment (someone who has died but has remained earthbound). They feed off our energy leaving us feeling fatigued and “not quite ourselves”. It is also possible that these entities affect us physically like my client who had unexplainable heart issues. These were caused by an entity who had died on the operating table when he went in for heart surgery. His symptoms then manifested in my client when he became attached to her energy. This is more common than you might imagine and I usually check all my clients’ energy before embarking on any therapy plan just to be sure. A Spirit Release session can be added on to your Therapy Plan at a discounted rate if used as part of your therapy package.
Having a typed out plan and recipes specifically to suit your situation is very useful. Self-help books are great, but there is no “one size fits all” way to health. Also, you are not just trying to ‘be healthy’. You are changing your life and making yourself well again.
**To explain prakriti and vikriti: – Prakriti is like a beautiful antique table, but over time dust has accumulated on it. The dust is the vikriti. The practitioner helps the client to wipe the dust away and reveal the original antique.